I read that asparagus has many health benefits so I have decided to add it as a part of my healthy diet.
Here are some of the benefits of asparagus. It can detoxify our system, has anti-aging functions, can protect against cancer, reduces pain and inflammation, can prevent osteoporosis and osteoarthritis, can help prevent birth defects, is considered an aphrodisiac and especially as heart disease is very common now asparagus can help to reduce the risk of heart disease as it has a good source of folate which helps to regulate the amino acid homocysteine, which in high levels can be a strong risk factor in heart disease.
I find that by using THERMOMIX to stir fry my asparagus, it helps to retain the nutrients as the machine does not heat up to more than 110 degree and still stays green and fresh when it is ready to be served.
I would like to share here a very simple and easy to cook asparagus.
300 gm asparagus
50 gm Japanese mushrooms
Small pc of ginger
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp of miso to taste
1. Place a small pc of ginger into TM bowl and use TURBO speed for 1 sec to chop it up
2. Add in 2 tsp of olive oil and set temperature to 100, time to 5 mins, speed at stir fry and remember to use reverse mode to avoid vege being chopped up
3. After 1 minute, remove measuring cup to add in asparagus without removing the cover.
Replace MC when all asparagus have been added.
4. After 4 minutes remove MC again and add in the mushrooms.
5. At last 30 sec add in a tsp of miso
6. Remove immediately from TM bowl and serve immediately. Notice that vege is still fresh
green in color.
ANYONE INTERESTED TO HAVE A DEMO ON THIS WONDERFUL MACHINE MAY EMAIL TO:
Notice that asparagus still stay freshly green
Two avid vegetarians are here to share some insights to the world of vegetarianism.
Hopefully, through this site, the lives of some animals can be spared. Always remember, animals have feelings too, they are our friends not our meal.