It was a great honor to be invited to Uncle Silvio's house for a genuine Italian pizza feast. The pizzas we ate were made from scratch and we are tremendously lucky to be able to witness the pizza making process. The wait was quite long though, as the preparation of the ingredients was quite time consuming, but the end product was definitely worth the wait. The cheese was able to stretch until the "ceiling" exactly like the pizza hut ads (though it's never the case when we visit pizza hut). Thanks for the wonderful experience Uncle Silvio and Aunty Mei.
fresh mozzarella cheese
1. mix a packet of instant yeast with warm water
2. add to dough mixture in a mixer
3. mix until even, adding flour bit by bit until the texture below is obtained. Leave to rise.
4. saute the pizza toppings (until cooked)
5. Pat the dough flat on a pizza platter.
6. Remember to poke little holes in the dough with a fork.
7. Add the toppings! (tip: add tomato paste first, followed by mozzarella cheese, then the toppings)
Labels: Recipe, Western Recipe