half a cup of barley
1 sheet of dried bean curd sheet
half a cup of bak guo (fresh or frozen)
(optional) sugar of your choice (honey / brown sugar / peen tong (block sugar))
1. soak a sheet of dried bean curd sheet
2. add the barley to a pot and add about 5 cups of water. Bring to a boil using low flame. Let it simmer for about 40 minutes
3. after about 40 minutes, add the softened bean curd sheets and also the ginko nuts.
4. Optional: add sugar according to taste.
5. Serve hot.
* Barley is very good for "cooling". Bak Guo is said to be good for the brain and Bean Curd Sheet is said to be very good for one's complexion. ;)
Labels: Asian, Chinese Dessert Recipe, Chinese Recipe