1. 1 packet of Pineapple Tart Flour (~400g)
2. 1 packet of ready made pineapple tart filling (~300g)
3. 1 1/2 tablespoon soy milk powder (to replace the egg)
4. 200 g butter / margarine (for vegans)
5. 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Add pineapple tart flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add butter, vanilla essence and soy milk powder.
3. Kneed butter / margarine into the flour until it becomes a smooth dough.
4. While letting dough stand, roll pineapple tart filling into small oval shaped balls.
5. Roll out the dough into a thin spread and cut into strips of 1 inch x 3 inches.
6. Cover the pineapple fillings with the strips, and making sure both ends of the pineapple filling are still visible.
7. Use the back of a spreading knife and gently "cut" the top of the tart to obtain diagonal checked boxes.
8. Place the tarts into paper cookie cups.
9. Pre-heat oven at 180C.
10. Add tarts and bake at 180C for around 20-25 minutes
* The tarts are not "golden brown" as we did not apply the egg-wash to the top layer, you can probably try "milk-washing" it (as for vegans, i do not think soy milk will have the same effect though).
Labels: Cakes/Pastries, Chinese Dessert Recipe, Malaysian Recipe