Our first attempt....
Dried Rice paper sheets
1 cup of black fungus (sliced)
1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
lettuce (whole leaves)
chili sauce (Lingham's chili sauce)
soy sauce / veg oyster sauce
sesame oil / olive oil
1. Heat a non-stick pan and add a tablespoon of sesame oil / olive oil
2. Add sliced black fungus and sweet corn kernels
3. Cover pan and leave for 1 minute.
4. Add mushrooms and cover for another 1 minute. Add some soy-sauce / vegetarian oyster sauce to taste.
5. Meanwhile, heat another pan with about 1 inch of water.
6. When it is near boiling, turn down the fire and immerse the rice paper (one piece at a time) until it is soft (normally takes a few seconds)
7. Carefully remove the rice paper from the water and place onto a flat plate.
8. Add a lettuce leaf to the rice paper and spread some Hoisin sauce onto it.
9. Add the black fungus+mushroom+corn filling onto the lettuce leaf.
10. Carefully roll the rice paper without tearing it.
Optional: Spread some Lingham's chili sauce onto the top of the rice paper (or you can serve the chili sauce in a separate bowl for dipping).
Labels: Asian, Quick N Easy, Recipe. Vietnamese Recipe