It's always a pleasure to make things from scratch, as you would definitely enjoy them even more than the store bought ones. This post features my latest attempt, vegetarian radish cakes. =) Definitely a heavenly treat, especially when accompanied by Lingham's chilli sauce. Yum.
*Makes 6 pieces
100 ml water
300 g fresh radish (grated)
200g rice flour
330 ml water
1/2 tablespoon pepper
3/4 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon salt
handful of dried shitake mushroom (soaked overnight, drained, pan fried)
Fresh Red Chilli for garnishing
*Option: dried shallots
1) Put A in a pan and cook for 10-15 minutes until radish softens and water has dried up.
2) Put the premixed B into the pan.
3) Prepare the steamer (I used a wok)
4) Stir continuosly for about 3 minutes or until the mixture turns into a thick paste.
5) Empty into a square plate (patting the paste down to about 2 cm in height).
6) Steam for 30 minutes.
7) Allow to cool completely before cutting into square blocks
8) You can either serve them now or you can proceed further by pan frying them for a crispier skin.
9) Top with C and serve!
Labels: Chinese Dessert Recipe, Chinese Recipe