1. 1 bowl rice flour
2. 1 bowl green bean flour
3. 4 bowls water
4. 1 gula melaka (palm sugar)
5. 1 teaspoon kan sui (alkaline water)
6. 3 pandan leaves (knotted)
1. Mix well - rice flour and green bean flour with 3 bowls of water
2. Melt gula melaka in 1 bowl of water. Let cool and then add in the 1 tsp of alkaline water
3. Mix the flour mixture and the cooled syrup and stir to a smooth consistency.
4. Strain the mixture into a pot and bring to a boil over a slow flame and continue to stir till all the ingredients are well mixed.
5. Transfer to a baking tin and then put in a kuali to steam for 8 minutes
6. Allow kueh to cool completely before cutting into pieces.
7. Serve with coconut that has been mixed with salt.
Labels: Cakes/Pastries, Chinese Dessert Recipe, Malaysian Recipe