250g Red Bean (Adzuki beans)
Rock Sugar / Honey Date
1. Add water until the water level is about 2-3 cm above the beans in a pot.
2. Soak the snow fungus in water until it is fully softened.
3. Boil over low flame until the beans are soft enough (to your own preference)
4. Add the shredded snow fungus into the the red bean soup and boil for 10-15 minutes over low flame.
5. Add rock sugar/honey date.
6. Can be served hot or cold.
* Red beans are a good source of magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc copper, manganese and vitamin B3. As a high-potassium, low-sodium food they help reduce blood pressure. Red beans also contain protease inhibitors which frustrate the development of cancerous cells.
* Snow Fungus is very good for one's complexion. Snow fungus is rich in iron, vitamin C, calcium and phosphorus. It is also said to be effective in nourishing the lungs, healing dry cough and clearing heat in the lungs.
Labels: Asian, Chinese, Chinese Dessert, Chinese Recipe, Dessert, Oil Free*