1 packet of Assam curry paste (I bought mine from Liza's Curry, sold in SS2 / Taman Tun market)
half a red onion,
200g long beans
1 medium sized eggplant / brinjal
small cup of canned button mushrooms
mint leaves (for garnish)Method:
1. Pan fry onions until fragrant
2. In a seperate pot, boil the eggplants, long beans until 80% cooked.
3. Add the onions and the assam paste to a pot with a cup of water (adjust amount of water to the amount of paste you add) and bring to a boil.
4. Add the eggplants, long beans, pumpkin, button mushrooms to the curry pot.
5. Allow the pumpkin to fully soften before serving.Health Benefits:Eggplants have high fibre content, which helps our digestive process i.e. softens stool and also acts to prevent coronary heart disease.
Pumpkins are low in calories (20 cal per 100 g). It is also rich in potassium and magnesium and iron.The bright orange flesh of pumpkin is loaded with beta carotene and is an important antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals.
Labels: Asian, Chinese Recipe, Malaysian Recipe, Quick N Easy, Thai Recipe