I have never attempted to make mushroom soup before as I feel that it is too much of a hassle having to weigh, cook and then to blend. However, today I felt like a very wholesome and chunky bowl of Mushroom soup. There isn't enough kick, even with the "chunky" commercial soup out there, so I decided to make my own using my new machine - Thermomix! The super machine that can weigh, blend and cook all the ingredients in one place.
1 small onion
1 packet of button mushrooms, about 300 gm
1 bay leaf
20 gm soy milk
400 gm water
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt and a dash of pepper to taste
1. Cut onion and mushrooms into thick slices
2. Fry them in olive oil for 2 mins at medium (scale 4) at 100 degrees
3. Add in 400 gm water and cook for 10 minutes at speed 2 at 100 degrees
4. Add in 20 gm soy milk and blend at high (scale 9) slowly increasing it from speed 1 for 2 minutes
5. Add in salt and before serving add a dash of pepper
ANYONE INTERESTED TO HAVE A DEMO ON THIS WONDERFUL MACHINE MAY EMAIL TO:
Two avid vegetarians are here to share some insights to the world of vegetarianism.
Hopefully, through this site, the lives of some animals can be spared. Always remember, animals have feelings too, they are our friends not our meal.