The Malaysian Vegetarian Society held a grand Annual General Meeting at the Loving Hut in Kota Damansara in the beginning of the year. There was a good turnout and the widespread of food painstakenly prepared by the owner was sumptuous and delicious.
Do learn more about the vegetarian lifestyle:
Malaysia Vegetarian Society
What is the Malaysian Vegetarian Society?
The Malaysia Vegetarian Society is a non-profit, non-religious society aimed at promoting the benefits of vegetarianism for our health, our environment and a more compassionate world.
The society abides by the international definition of vegetarianism, namely, ‘Vegetarianism is the practice of living without the use of meat, fish, or fowl, with or without the addition of eggs and dairy products’.
What are the aims and objectives of the society?
The aims of the Society are essentially to:
- Raise the level of awareness of vegetarianism (through things like public talks by health professionals, a reference library with books, articles, research papers, magazines about vegetarianism, an informative newsletter for members etc.) and
- Provide support for those wanting to learn more about the vegetarian lifestyle (largely through social activities like dinners, picnics, cooking demonstrations etc.)
Our goal is not to “convert” people but rather to provide information and support for individuals
Who want to make the transition to vegetarianism?
Ultimately, the Society aims to see the Malaysian public lead a vibrant, productive and disease-free life with an understanding of how one’s food choice affects one’s health and the environment.
Who can join the Society?
Membership is open to anyone over the age of 18 who is interested in pursing the objectives of the Society.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Starter kit
- Educational mail-outs and subscription to newsletter
- Discount at participating restaurants, businesses, health food stores
- Discount on books, videos, other items from the Malaysian Vegetarian Society
- Invitation to members-only functions
- Chance to hear international speakers
- Resource centre and lending library of books, tapes, videos, magazines
- Social network of like-minded individuals to provide support and friendship.
So how do I join?
For further details, please contact:
- The Malaysian Vegetarian Society
- P.O. Box 13526, 50814 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +6017-2799167
- E-mail: VegetarianSocietyMalaysia@gmail.com
- Facebook: VegetarianSocietyMalaysia.org/facebook
We would love to have you join us!
Some famous vegetarians
Ingredients for assam laksa
Very delicious assam laksa well decorated
Tasty tofu with button mushrooms
Assorted vegetables in curry
Look, how appetising
Cup cake/siu pau and meehoon
Cup cake with siu pau
Siu pau packed with delicious fillings
Glutinous rice balls
Tofufa with glutinous rice balls
Go Vegetarian as The Survivor of the World is in Your Hands
Name: Loving Hut, Kota Damansara Outlet
Address: 19 Jalan PJU 5/6, Damansara Sunway
Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: 03-6142 1676
Operation Hours: 11am to 10pm, daily
Labels: Kota Damansara, Malaysaian Vegetarian Society AGM at Loving Hut, Petaling Jaya