#navbar-iframe{opacity:0.0;filter:alpha(Opacity=0)} #navbar-iframe:hover{opacity:1.0;filter:alpha(Opacity=100, FinishedOpacity=100)}
Loving how the cakes melt in my mouth at Alexis - Bangsar
My caloric consumption was way over my pre-set quota to make way for a birthday celebration. After having a sumptuous lunch at MG Cafe, we decided to head over to Alexis to indulge in its famous melt-in-the-mouth cakes. Indeed we were not disappointed.

Blueberry Cheesecake - RM15
I'm a big fan of cheesecakes, and this blueberry cheesecake was definitely a very good attempt.
One thing I like about this cake is that it isn't very sweet, unlike most cheesecakes in Malaysia's sweet-toothed market, although one of my friends did comment that he preferred the cheesecakes from Secret Recipe better.


Pavlova - RM 15
I personally do not like meringue cakes so I can't comment on this.
Nevertheless, the fresh blueberries served on this cake makes me miss
Aussie blueberries more than ever.


Tiramisu - RM15
a very good attempt by Alexis but definitely no where near
the standard I now have for Tiramisu thanks to my Italian cousin
Vivian who makes the BEST tiramisu I've ever tasted.
Mostly because I do not like spongy cakes (Alexis' tiramisu is spongy).
My cousin's tiramisu is mostly typically dripping wet with upscale quality
Italian coffee and liquor which adds a intense kick toward the Tiramisu texture.
Lemon Tea (hot)

Cafe Latte - RM10
Very happy with this as it closely matches
the standards of most cafes in Australia.
Name: Alexis Bangsar
Address: 29 Jalan Telawi 3, Kuala Lumpur, Bangsar 59100
Contact: 03-2284-2880
Website: www.alexis.com.my

Labels: , , , , ,

posted on: Saturday, January 30, 2010 @ 10:48 AM

Share |
veg-spiration
  







- Jamie & Yvonne -
Two avid vegetarians are here to share some insights to the world of vegetarianism.
Hopefully, through this site, the lives of some animals can be spared. Always remember, animals have feelings too, they are our friends not our meal.

? My Feeds




discussion

connections
treasures

links
Recipes

+/- Veg Parties!

+/- Finger Food / Entrees

+/- Mains

+/- Dessert

Veggie Mart

Yolek

Location Labels

Malaysia
Selangor
Kuala Lumpur
Petaling Jaya (PJ)
Ipoh
Singapore
Hong Kong
China
Chengdu
Macau
Melbourne


+/- Malaysia

+/- Vege Places

+/- Vege Friendly Places


+/- Singapore


+/- Hong Kong


+/- Macau


+/- China


+/- Sydney


+/- Melbourne


+/- Perth


+/- New York


+/- Paris


Food Labels

Chinese New Year
Valentine's Day

Quick N Easy
Main
Cakes/Pastries
Eggless Cakes
Lunchbox
Dessert
Asian
Dim Sum
Flight
Fusion
Hawker
Indian
Japanese
Malaysian
Nyonya
Picnic
Thai
Tibetan
Western
Virtually Oil Free


Chinese Recipes
Chinese Dessert Recipe
Fusion Recipe
Malaysian Recipe
Thai Recipe
Western Recipe



adventures

enlightening

credits
diversity
Locations of visitors to this page

# of visits since June 2008:

Free Blog Counter


All receipes are on Petitchef
Creative Commons License
Compassionate Vegetarians by Jamie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.