I love trying out new recipes and today I felt like roasting some nuts. Being a big fan of cinnamon I decide to try roasting them with almonds and honey. I didn't know it was that easy to coat nuts with honey until today! Never again will I buy flavored nuts from the store. Looks like I will be experimenting with roasting nuts in the near future. I'm thinking maybe something savoury like rosemary roasted macadamias? Yummy!
Anyway, here's the recipe for today very simple and quick cinnamon and honey roasted almonds.
1) Heat quarter cup of honey in a bowl in the oven for about one minute or until honey is watery.
2) Add 1.5cups of almonds with 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Toss well.
3) Pre-heat oven at 180C.
4) Coat baking tray with some olive oil and evenly spread nuts on the tray.
5) Roast for about 8 minutes and toss the nuts with a spoon and continue to roast for another 7 minutes.
6) When almonds turn golden, transfer and evenly spread on something flat that is lined with baking paper.
7) Let it cool. When completely cool, break the nuts and toss in a bowl along with a pinch of salt.