Aussies are known for their BBQs and they are proud of it. Almost every Australian household owns a BBQ grill. Unfortunately for vegetarians in Asia, when it comes to BBQ, we are often "left out", but fear not, as the Aussies do not deprive their guests as Vegetarian Bacon Style Rashes are one of the many "BBQ-friendly" meat alternative available in all woolworths / coles supermarkets. Priced at $4 for 125g, it comes packed with nutrition as it is fortified with zinc, iron and b12. You would also be pleased to know that its colors are from natural sources - beetroot!
Here's the recipe I'll be sharing with you today: The Aussie Big Breakfast for vegetarians.
Ingredients (serves 4):
100g Button Mushrooms
1 can of Heinz baked beans
6 free range eggs
50g of long beans
1 pack of bacon styled rashes
4 tablespoon of olive oil
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Pinch of salt
1) Beat eggs in a bowl. Add long beans to the egg mixture
2) Thinly slice the mushrooms, cap down on the chopping board.
3) Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, and pan fry the eggs and long beans. Gently flip the half-cooked frittata and pan fry until golden on both sides
4) The move on to pan frying the mushrooms and heating up the baked beans.
5) Finally pan fry the bacon styled rashes and serve and enjoy while it's still hot!
Sure looks like the real thing doesn't it?
Here's what to look out for when you head into woolworths or coles :)
Labels: Western Recipe