Pumpkin has got good nutritional value and normally the way I prepare it would be to just cut them up into cubes and cook them by itself which is tasty enough and also that has been the way that I have been cooking all these years. Now with my new blender, I can try to prepare my pumpkin in a different way which is simple fast and delicious. Pumpkin is not only loaded with vitamin A, C, K, E and antioxidant carotenoids, it also contains magnesium, phosphorus, iron, folate, potassium, manganese, copper, B6, riboflavin, niacin, thiamin and pantothenic acid — and is low in salt, cholesterol and saturated fat.
Pumpkin has been known to be called the Wonder Veggie and here is a very simple method to prepare this fantastic dish by thermomix.
ANYONE INTERESTED TO HAVE A DEMO ON THIS WONDERFUL MACHINE MAY EMAIL TO:
250 gm pumpkin (remove skin and sliced into thick pieces)
250 gm water
6 pcs toasted cashew nuts
1. Pan fry pumpkin pieces in a non-stick pan over a slow flame until both sides are slightly burnt.
2. Cut them up into cubes and place them into the blender for 15 seconds on medium high (speed 7).
3. Boil for 20 minutes at minimum stirring (very slowly at speed 1).
4. When cooked, add blended cashew nuts (blend for 20 seconds by increasing the speed slowly from low to high).
5. Garnish and serve immediately.
Two avid vegetarians are here to share some insights to the world of vegetarianism.
Hopefully, through this site, the lives of some animals can be spared. Always remember, animals have feelings too, they are our friends not our meal.