#navbar-iframe{opacity:0.0;filter:alpha(Opacity=0)} #navbar-iframe:hover{opacity:1.0;filter:alpha(Opacity=100, FinishedOpacity=100)}
why-smartphones-can-be-dumbphones
Smartphones are supposedly invented to help its users overcome all sorts of obstacles, be it finding the exact location on the built in map / GPS or getting travelling tips while travelling abroad.



However, sadly, the smartphones’ intelligence level is far from that of a human. I take for example my blackberry bold 9700, the built in blackberry map is not helpful at all! I tried to locate Solaris Kuala Lumpur on it but it returned with ''no result''. To help me find specific places, I had to get google maps installed to help pin point the desired destination, and then manually map the pinpointed location on google map to the blackberry map. All this is because google maps are actually a static map with no GPS functions. Yes, I do agree that Smartphones are smart, but to a certain extent only, it is actually rather useless unless it has a smart user that knows how to improvise and find workarounds for its flaws!



However, despite the above flaw, I cannot live without my smartphone as it allows me to stay connected to my family, my friends, my friend’s friends and most importantly, the world! I can never live without the Blackberry Messenger, MSN, Gtalk, Viigo, Facebook and last but not least Twitter! With my blackberry, I am always up-to-date with national, world and business news, and of course this is made possible after I got my plan with digi, and I never ever have to worry about exceeding data charges again. I still remember my days with another provider, where I had to pay significantly more to get lesser and capped data. My frugality set in, and this made me refrain from watching that youtube video that was hot on the most-viewed list, thinking I have to save my data for a “rainy day”. I was always busy at the end of the month, as I felt obliged to use up all the remaining data since I have already paid for it. I felt like a slave to my smartphone and instead of giving me convenience, it gave me additional headaches.

Thanks to Digi, my angel sent from heaven, these problems are a thing of the past. I never have to think twice about visiting a high data webpage or watching a stream video or downloading a high quality picture. I use my phone so much that I am considering to get another battery to support my usage. Perhaps I need another smartphone all together *hint hint*!

Hope to see all the 100 creative bloggers at the DiGi Break Free party!

Date: 29 May 2010 (Saturday)

Time: 6pm – 10pm

Venue: Ecoba, Lot No. B-G-02, Level 1 Menara Bata (Tower B), PJ Trade Centre, No. 8 Jalan PJU 8/8a Bandar Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya
posted on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 @ 9:07 PM

Share |
veg-spiration
  







- Jamie & Yvonne -
Two avid vegetarians are here to share some insights to the world of vegetarianism.
Hopefully, through this site, the lives of some animals can be spared. Always remember, animals have feelings too, they are our friends not our meal.

? My Feeds




discussion

connections
treasures

links
Recipes

+/- Veg Parties!

+/- Finger Food / Entrees

+/- Mains

+/- Dessert

Veggie Mart

Yolek

Location Labels

Malaysia
Selangor
Kuala Lumpur
Petaling Jaya (PJ)
Ipoh
Singapore
Hong Kong
China
Chengdu
Macau
Melbourne


+/- Malaysia

+/- Vege Places

+/- Vege Friendly Places


+/- Singapore


+/- Hong Kong


+/- Macau


+/- China


+/- Sydney


+/- Melbourne


+/- Perth


+/- New York


+/- Paris


Food Labels

Chinese New Year
Valentine's Day

Quick N Easy
Main
Cakes/Pastries
Eggless Cakes
Lunchbox
Dessert
Asian
Dim Sum
Flight
Fusion
Hawker
Indian
Japanese
Malaysian
Nyonya
Picnic
Thai
Tibetan
Western
Virtually Oil Free


Chinese Recipes
Chinese Dessert Recipe
Fusion Recipe
Malaysian Recipe
Thai Recipe
Western Recipe



adventures

enlightening

credits
diversity
Locations of visitors to this page

# of visits since June 2008:

Free Blog Counter


All receipes are on Petitchef
Creative Commons License
Compassionate Vegetarians by Jamie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.