Bak KuK teh is originated from Klang. Indeed, in the olden days, the dish is reported to supplement the meagre diet of port coolies
and as a tonic to boost their health, as they need high calories in the morning for their heavy works . We can find "Klang Bak kut Teh " all over the world.
1 Packet Bak Kut Teh Herbal Mix
1 Packet Vegetarian lean meat
5 pcs fresh shitake mushrooms (quartered)
1 Big pc black fungus (cut into small pcs)
1 Packet tau fu pok
A little soya sauce, salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring 5 bowls of water to boil
2. Add in packet of bak kut teh herbal mix and boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add in vegetarian lean meat, mushrooms and black fungus and boil for a further 20 minutes.
4. Finally, add in tau fu pok
5. Before serving add in soya sauce, salt and pepper to taste
Labels: Chinese Recipe, Vegetarian Bak Kut Teh