Met an Indian gentleman once during one of my dinner meals at a chapati stall and was informed that instead of having rice it is healthier to take 2 pieces of chapati for dinner and according to him his blood sugar, bp and cholesterol are all under control with this diet. So for a change, why not.
1 cup atta flour(wholemeal flour)
1/3 cup luke warm water
A pinch of salt
1. Add salt, water and flour into a mixing bowl
2. Knead for about 3 minutes to form into a firm but not a stiff dough. Cover with cling wrap
and leave aside to proof for 1/2 hour
3. Divide dough into 4 round balls
4. Roll out each dough on
a lightly floured board
5. Finally heat the rolled out dough in a non-stick pan for about 1 minute on one side, flip over
and fry other side until it fluffs up
6. Serve with Dhal Tadka. This is an easy mix that can be bought from the stores
Labels: Asian, Home cooked dishes, Indian.