When weather is so hot and humid one would be looking more for water instead of for food, so it would be nice just to have a simple and light meal. It is just so fast and easy to prepare this vegetarian fried meehoon
1 small packet of meehoon
1 bunch of choy sum
1 small carrot ( shredded)
1 small packet of nga choy
6 large pcs of chinese mushrooms (soaked and sliced)
A little shredded ginger
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp veg oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
pepper and salt to taste
1. Soak packet of meehoon in water to soften
2. Fry ginger in oilive oil
3. Add in mushrooms and fry for 1 minute.
4. Add in shredded carrots and fry for another minute.
5. Add in choy sum and fry until leaves are soft.
6. Add veg. oyster sauce, light soya sauce and sesame oil in a bowl of water.
7. Pour this mixture over the vegetables and then place the meehoon on top and cover to simmer for 2 minutes
8. Add in pepper and salt and mix well before dishing out to serve with a little chilli sauce.
Labels: Asian, Chinese, light meal