Fatt Koh is a common sight on Chinese alters and is also fancied by many Chinese all around the world. We came across a pre-mix in the asian grocery and decided to give it a go. Surprisingly it wasn't hard to make at all!
-Fatt Koh pre-mix (we bought the pondan brand)
-Cupcake paper cases
-aluminium cupcake tray
-steamer / wok (with lid)
1. Mix the yeast and fatt koh mix (both provided by the faat koh premix)
2. Add water as directed on the box
3. Beat the mixture until you get a constant mix.
4. Boil a suitable amount of water in a wok / start your steamer.
5. Place the cupcake paper cases into the aluminium cupcake tray and add the mix into the cases (until about 3/4 full)
6. Add the aluminium tray into the steamer / wok.
7. Steam for about 15 minutes with the lid on.
8. Remove the cupcakes and allow them to fully cool before serving (unless you want to have it hot and don't mind the sticky texture)
Labels: Asian, Chinese Dessert Recipe, Fatt Koh, Oil Free*